Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an XP810. when i print photos. it leaves black ink…

Customer Question
I have an XP810...

I have an XP810. when i print photos. it leaves black ink streaks on the photo. Ive done all the maintenance things ad it does not solve the problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-810

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

For several months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Just recently within the past 2 months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thios problem has been going on longer than that. It only leaves streaks on photos, mot stuff that is printed on regular paper. I use the Epson Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
12/26/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

are you there?

We will try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Sorry for the delay I was typing your answer.

Im not sure how to move the cartridge
I did that it did not solve the problem

You didn't see any improvement.

no

Give me a moment. I am working on the issue.

Well?? what next

In your case, the printer rollers are leaving unwanted marks on your document
As the issue arises only when you use the photo paper. In this case, it takes longer to dry the ink. When it comes out of the roller it leaves marks. We will try setting the waiting time for drying longer or adjust the quantity of the ink.

Do you have the roller cleaning pads?

It was in the box when you bought the printer.

the printer is several years old, I dont think i have them

Let's use plain paper to clean the rollers.

I will give you a manual which will help you in cleaning the rollers with plain paper.

That link talks about ink spots on the back of the paper, my streaks are on the front side of the photos

I know that. We are just trying to clean the rollers. It will help.

Please trust me.

Let me know if you see black streaks on the paper.

If this doesn't work I will try setting the waiting time for drying longer or adjust the quantity of the ink.

ok

Thank You!

there are no streaks on the paper

Would you like me to remote into your computer and work on the issue?

now what

no thanks

We will have to set the waiting time for drying longer or adjust the quantity of the ink.

how do i do that

I will give you a guide with pictures on how to adjust ink quantity and waiting time.

Please click this link to access the guide: https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pho22_/pho22_rf/softw_2.htm#making advanced settings d

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer