Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed the cartridge to number 61 but it doesn't like it…

Customer Question
I changed the cartridge...

I changed the cartridge to number 61 but it doesn't like it - I have a peinter office jet 540 all in one. Now it tells me the door is open when it is not. what can I do please

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your OfficeJet?

No before I changed to number 60 & it was okay

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes I can & several I took the cartridge out & reinserted as requested

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Inside the cover it has HP cartridge 62 but as I said before the first time it was replaced with a number 61 & it was okay . I don't want to keep buying new cartridges.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/26/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.