Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I would like to connect my iPad to my canon ip100 that is…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to connect my iPad to my canon ip100 that is Bluetooth.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IP100?

I have never used the printer with my iPad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need the know how!!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sounds good!

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any WiFi network in your home? The reason why I am asking is we can connect the printer to the wifi network so that you can easily take a print from your iPad.

I do have wi-fi and have printed using my laptop. But I would like to be able to print directly from my iPad. My iPad has Bluetooth and I have the ip100 with the Bluetooth installed in it.
I will wait for your response.
It is a Canon Bluetooth BU 30

Now please try this following step on the iPad.

1. Open the photo that you want to print from.
  2. To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon Arrow or Arrow up.
  3. Tap or Print.
  4. Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint printer.
  5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Ip100 is not an AirPrint printer.

I am sorry, I am out of idea. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your question today.

If you open bluetooth on your iPad, can you see the printer on there after going through the pair procedure?

These printers are bluetooth enabled BUT on most of these models you have to purchase a separate dongle that plugs into your printer to enable a broadcast.

Please advise

This is the adapter you need to enable to broadcast to your iPad.. HERE

One you have this THEN you can print via your bluetooth.... I know this model very well.. Have repaired thousands of them.

I have that installed in my printer but the IPad does not recognize it!

OK... Thank you.... Have you set the printer to pairing mode so it actually transmits the bluetooth signal?

Please tell me your laptop operating system?

Ok I just looked up the specifications of the BU30 adapter and according to the printer compatibility list the BU30 isn't for you Pixma ip100... It is showing NOT compatible with that model.

Now, I'm not saying you do not have the capability BUT the BU30 is the wrong adapter for your printer to make this happen. Does that make sense?

Here is the compatibility list specifically from canon for this adapter BU30

Compatibility

-- PIXMA MX472
-- PIXMA MX532
-- PIXMA MX420 Wireless
-- PIXMA MX410 Wireless
-- PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX522
-- PIXMA MX420 Refurbished
-- PIXMA MG5120
-- PIXMA MX712 Wireless Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX432 Wireless Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX420 with PP-201
-- Refurbished - PIXMA MX922 Wireless Printer
-- PIXMA MP990 Wireless
-- PIXMA MP640 Wireless
-- PIXMA MX712
-- PIXMA MG5320
-- PIXMA MX452
-- PIXMA MX392
-- PIXMA MG6420 White Wireless
-- PIXMA MG2420
-- PIXMA MG5520 Black Wireless
-- PIXMA MG5520 White Wireless
-- PIXMA MX410 Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX522 Wireless Refurbished
-- Refurbished - PIXMA MX452 Wireless Printer
-- PIXMA MX459 Refurbished
-- PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX512 Wireless
-- PIXMA MG5320 Wireless with PP-201
-- PIXMA MX892 Wireless
-- PIXMA iP7220 Wireless
-- PIXMA MG6420 Black Wireless
-- PIXMA MX439 Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX870 Wireless
-- PIXMA MX350 Wireless
-- SELPHY CP780 Silver
-- PIXMA MX512 Refurbished
-- PIXMA MX410 with PP-201
-- PIXMA MX432 Wireless

Please click HERE and follow these instructions.

The user manual completely contradicts what the device says its compatible with which is the strangest thing ever.. According to CANON this ip100 isn't compatible YET in the canon manual for your model it has instructions on setup.....

Please just close our chats

Sorry, Im doing everything I can to understand what is happening here..... Would you like me to send this to customer service for a refund? If so please do not rate any of the experts, and I will take care of it for you. Thanks Mike

Refund Please
I’ll take care of it.. thank you
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician