Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Sorry need laptop setup help. Hp? and windows 10. The laptop…

Customer Question
Sorry need laptop setup...

Sorry need laptop setup help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hp? and windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

The laptop installed updates when we first turned it on and we installed McAfee

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

During setup we had to create a new email account with a password ***** we did not have to setup a password ***** the computer. then after the computer restarted itself, it required a password ***** will not accept the password ***** used for the email. It says to go to account.live.com to reset password ***** after two attempts it is unable to validate account ownership

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. M name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Reset the PC and you can start over fresh.

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

While this is going on, get your Microsoft account squared away HERE

Let me know the result please.

Hi. Were you able to get this resolved?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.