Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Freddie, while I was copying a document the. I have an HP…

Customer Question
Freddie, while I...

Freddie, while I was copying a document the

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have an HP L7600 what is an operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I swithched of printer and opened the cover but I cannot reach the paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

It is an HP L 7600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

It is the first time that it happes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I only what to know how to take the paper of the printer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.
A paper jam in that printer, must be treated one of several ways.

1. if the paper is in the rear of the printer, turn it around and remove the paper after removing the rear cover:

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/905/c01658787.gif

or, if a black duplexer attachment is on the rear of the printer:

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/989/c02030252.gif

and use both hands to gently, and slowly, pull out the paper... being sure not to tear it, or if you tear it, to also remove similarly, the scraps of paper left behind in the printer.

2. open the top also to check for paper:

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/862/c02030253.gif

3. if your model has a second paper tray on the very bottom of the printer, then lift the whole printer off that part, as shown:

https://support.hp.com/doc-images/496/c01617585.gif

4. after all that is done or any of it, replace the parts you removed or close the parts you opened.

5. turn the printer On if it was Off. If it was On all this time, turn it Off. Wait 2 minutes, turn it On if it is Off at this point.