Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson ET-4550 printer and it won't print blue or…

Customer Question
Hi! I have an...

Hi! I have an Epson ET-4550 printer and it won't print blue or pink ink colors even though the tanks are full.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your ET-4550: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly. i checked that connection

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A while ago...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

ok I'm cleaning the printer head thru the maintenance system now...

Thanks let me know how you get on, please.

it just finished. should i try printing again?

Yes give it a try, and if you see any missing colors still then go through another clean

i just printed a test page and it was worse than the first print page! The first one I had black, yellow, a little pink, and no blue. The second test page (after the cleaning) I had black and then no colors!

It will take several cleaning runs to see any progress typically

ok....hang on ...and thank you!
ok that one was better.....
cleaning again...
trying again....
the only one that isn't great after four cleans is blue. what should I do?

You're very welcome, and good luck!

Just keep at it with the cleaning, it may take several more tries. If a single color has issues still it may need to be refilled.

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer