Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

R call was dropped I cannot Turn on my HP pavilion computer…

Customer Question
R call was dropped...

R call was dropped I cannot Turn on my HP pavilion computer after saying my computer was infected and if I turned it off it would not turn back on and guess what they write

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Are you actually with HP

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
That is a scam, it is a bogus attempt to get you to pay for tech support.
It is usually only connected to a web page and the computer itself is not infected.Do not call the number and if you receive a call, hang up because it is a SCAM!Microsoft will never contact you in that manner.These are scam artist cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech companies. They call their intended victims and claim to have scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them and claim they will suffer data loss and identity theft in order to gain access to the computer. If you give them access to the computer, they will show a screen with false error messages and require immediate payment to cleanup the “dangerously infected” computer and install “protection” software onto the system.Follow these steps on your computer please.
...disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.
Let me know if any changes occur.