Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Pixma MP160 Printer - it has stopped feeding paper…

Customer Question
I have a Pixma...

I have a Pixma MP160 Printer - it has stopped feeding paper through the paper feed.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Acer Desk Top Computer - this has happened before and then it got better and now it won't feed paper through at all.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Off and on for about a year

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not tech savvy - I had a computer fellow in to clean up some viruses I had an issue with - other than that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just let me know if this is worth fixing or should I just buy a new printer - this one had been a real good printer except for this recent issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/25/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No thanks - I cleaned the printer up a bit and kept working with it and now it seems to be working for the time being. Will I still get billed for the rest of the money - I don't mind the $5.00 charge but I seem to have corrected the problem myself, but would appreciate not being billed for the rest. Appreciate you answering back. Please let me know the status - thanks and Merry Christmas!!!