Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a HP Officejet 7150, when i try to print something,

Customer Question
the second it starts, it...
I have a HP Officejet 7150, when i try to print something, the second it starts, it cancels, all in one millisecond. it also says "There is a problem with he printhead" but with no error code. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
12/24/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello and sorry to hear you’re having trouble.Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,
specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).
The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into if not past its designed maximum 3 year
service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.
There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of
the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.
While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead,
which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace
the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes
more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.
Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with
finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer