Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Is there any way to reset an ink cartridge for the wf-2650…

Customer Question
Is there any way...

Is there any way to reset an ink cartridge for the wf-2650 Epson printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HP and Sony Viao mainly

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-2650?

Since new. have even bought resettable cartridges for it that don't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was wondering if I could erase the Epson firmware and not update them printer. I understand this may be not allowing the cartridge to be recognized as being full. I can reset the printer to the original Factory Settings. I just want to refill the 220/220XL cartridges my aelf and have the 2650 recognize them... thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/23/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer: I was wondering if I could erase the Epson firmware and not update them printer. I understand this may be not allowing the cartridge to be recognized as being full. I can reset the printer to the original Factory Settings. I just want to refill the 220/220XL cartridges my aelf and have the 2650 recognize them... thanks

You don't need to erase a firmware to have the printer recognize your ink cartridges

The chip on the Epson 220 ink cartridge for my WF-2650 only allows X number of pages to print. The cartridge may still have 25% ink left. I am looking for a work around to allow reuse of the cartridges. I read updating the firmware, which I have now turned off, affects this. I was wandering how to reset the settings to what they were when I purchased th
The printer to enable refilling the cartridges.
I already know the short answer. Don't buy another Epson printer!
  1. Press the up or down arrow, select Setup, and press the OK button.
  2. Press the up or down arrow buttons, select Restore Default Settings, and press the OK button. You see this screen:

3. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select one of these options and press the OK button.
    • Network Settings: Restores all of the default network settings.
    • Fax Settings: Restores all of the fax settings.
    • Clear All Data and Settings: Restores all of the default settings and resets contact and network data on the control panel.
    You see a confirmation screen.
  4. Press the up arrow button to reset the selected settings. Press the down arrow button if you want to cancel the operation.
Will try. I nearly did this earlier, but still showing ink, and printing well. Will start over when black ink runs out. Thanks!

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.