Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The black ink does not print some lines, How do I do that,

Customer Question
The black ink does...

The black ink does not print some lines

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No, it is a new cartridge

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/23/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. I will need you to run a clean cycle and also an alignment... One moment and I will provide instructions for your model

What is the make and model of your printer please?

Sorry I had to edit that top request... Not sure if you saw the change.. What is your make and model?

HP deskjet ink advantage 3525
No
I want you to walk me through
Waiting for your answer

Please forgive me for the delay.. Extremely high traffic today online

1. Load plain, white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the down arrow to select Settings, and then press OK.

3. Press the down arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

4. Press the down arrow to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK.

The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a test page.

5. Review the print quality on the test page.

The problem remains the same

Please do the clean 2 more times.. Then we will do the alignment

Let me know after 2 more print head cleans and 1 alignment if your print outs are now ok

Thankyou

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the product control panel, press the Down Arrow () to select Settings, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

4. Press the Down Arrow to select Align Printer, and then press OK. The product prints an alignment page.

5. Open the lid.

6. Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it on the front right corner of the glass.

7. Close the lid, and then press OK. The product scans the alignment page.

8. Follow the control panel instructions to complete the alignment.

9. Recycle or discard the alignment page.

I did what you said and still the same problem with the black ink

Ok so you have done 3 total print head cleans AND and alignment?

From what im seeing, this SHOULD be an alignment issue.. This issue WILL correct itself but you must do the alignment and the head cleaning multiple times UNTIL the prints are perfect....

John, Computer Science Engineer