Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the cannon mx922 - there is a message error that

Customer Question
I have the cannon...

I have the cannon mx922 - there is a message error that states the following: Printer error has occurred. Follow the steps below: 1. cancel printing and turn off the device. 2. Turn the device on again. If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service center. There was no printing sent to the printer. I can't access the menu to correct anything. And turn the device on and off does not correct the system. Is there a reset button somewhere on the printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Cannon mx922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have not received any update information for the Operating system.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/23/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today.

When you see printer error, do you see a printer error number code as well?

Thanks Mike

C000

Thankyou... I know you said you had turned int on and off... Have you physically unplugged the machine from the wall for 5 mins? ALL power must be removed from the printer to reset the code.

I left the printer unplugged overnight. It didn’t resolve the problem. Is there a reset button on the printer?

That is the only form of reset on the printer to get rid of the error codes.. When a printer error occurs, unfortunately this never points to a specific part as the other codes do. This is because either a minor glitch has occurred where the reset can get rid of it OR there is a component that is major to the printers operation that has failed.

Now sometimes at my shop in Houston I have this code and I switch it off, and I will remove the ink carts, open and close doors, blow it out with compressed air and have a very good look around for broken parts OR paper thats got itself trapped in the wrong places.... Often you MAY find a foreign object stuck in the works thats preventing the operation of the printer

If you cannot reset the printer by unplugging it, which you can and you have done the recommended steps, you will be in the market for a new printer... I hate telling you this but I have 20 years of experience with this error and can firmly tell you this as fact...

I will try your recommendation- thanks

Your welcome... Just a side note, always do the reset after trying something new inside the printer to see if that was the issue or not... also if your printer is under warranty still they will most likely replace it for free...