Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a wf-3720 printer and after I lift up the

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a wf-3720 printer and after I lift up the scanner and the ink holder remain in the right side. Thus I cannot insert the ink cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your WF-3720 when you try to scan?

I am not trying to scan. I merely ask how to inser the ink cartridge when the holder is in the original position and did not move to the center.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Do I need to connect to the computer when I want to load the ink cartridge?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to load ink cartridge in the holder but the holder didnot move to the center.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
I just unpacked the printer and following your instruction #3 Install ink cartridges. step 1 lift up the scanner and I tried to insert the ink cartridge into to holder but I cannot insert becacuse the holder stayed at the extreme right position of the printer and did not move towarda the center. Hence it hinders the insertation.
Why it takes so long to answer my question?
12/23/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

The carriage won't move over until the printer is ready for you to take that step. You cannot install them until you proceed through all of the guided on screen steps on the printer display. This includes removing packing material, connecting to wifi, etc. Only when that is done and the printer is ready will it prompt you to prepare to install the cartridges.

At this point you should unplug power to the printer for a few minutes, replug, then start the process over, following the on screen steps exactly. Do not raise the scanner/lid or try to access the cartridges until you are prompted to do so by the printer screen.

I want to cancel my subscription and demand a refund. I am not satisfied with your answer.

I cannot change the facts of the design and operation of the printer. This is the process to follow.

You may self manage any site matters from the help page.