Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Getting the error message "USB Printing support can't work…

Customer Question
Getting the error message...

Getting the error message "USB Printing support can't work properly with USB 3.0." The printer was working just fine and then it just stopped with this error.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I do not remember ever updating it. As I mentioned, it was working just fine and then it stopped. How can I tell what printer driver software I have?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is a Epson Stylus C88 Series.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/23/2017
Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

look on the usb ports on your computer, some might be blue and others white

3.0 is blue, make sure your printer is plugged into a white usb port