Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I received an error code 0x97 on my Epson printer WF-3640.

Customer Question
I received an error...

I received an error code 0x97 on my Epson printer WF-3640. What can I do to restore printer operation? Note that I am unskilled with this stuff.

Technician's Assistant: Is your WF-3640 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know, maybe a couple of years ago...and that update also eliminated the printer's wireless capability.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/22/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Plugged back in
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

In some cases, the error code might be displaying because of waste ink around head sprayer. Cleaning that waste ink with a wet tissue sometimes solves the problem. Follow the steps given below to perform the cleanup procedure.

1. Turn off your printer
  2. Open the printer casing
  3. Take a tissue and wet it with warm water
  4. Now move the head to the center
  5. Put the tissue to the head cleaning mechanic pad
  6. Move the head to the parking spot
  7. Wait 10 minutes

Now remove the tissue and close everything. Turn on the printer and check if the problem is still there. Repeat this method 3 times if it doesn’t work the first time.