Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 3540 Epson Printer. Getting error code 0xF3. What…

Customer Question
I have a 3540...

I have a 3540 Epson Printer. Getting error code 0xF3. What can I do to fix this problem?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It does not print now. Just displays error

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/23/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

it still displays the same error code
0xF3

How old is the printer?

Unsure, just purchased

Is it over a year old?

I think so

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Ok, Since you cannot fix this, I will have to buy a new printer.
how much did this bad news cost me?

I do not have access to the payment information as a technician. The pricing was setup in the beginning with you and the system.

John, Computer Science Engineer