Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

What does it mean when all three black, color and triangle…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean when all three black, color and triangle lights are flashing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma MG3022

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Just noticed it so not long

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Ok, that may be the problem didn't know about that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am waiting on black ink cartridge so I will need to get back to you once it arrives, I thought it was something simple. Thank you for your time

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/22/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 9 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Please check the image and let me know the numbers of the LEDs that are flashing.

ok waited and plugged it back in they are still flashing beside is a triangle and then black ink and color ink
how do i update the operating system
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Have you installed the black ink cartridge which you have been waiting for?

Do you have a Windows or a Mac Computer?

WIndows computer and yes I installed the ink
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Are you sure that the cartridges are installed correctly?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Have you tried a factory reset on the printer?

no where would I find that, I have turned it off and on I have unplugged and plugged it back in
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Press and hold Stop button and release it when Alarm lamp flashes 19 times.

The network settings are initialized.

Please try this and let me know if that works. If not we will try any other alternative troubleshooting.

nothing, the three yellow lights continue to flash constantly
ok I cannot continue with this slow response, I am working today which is my day off and needed to get this fixed, I will figure something else out thank you for your time and assistance.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It may be a hardware issue on the printer. It would be better if you could contact the service center regarding this issue to do a complete hardware check on the printer. Thank you for your time and patience.