Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our i950 won't print; the only thing I think has the problem…

Customer Question
Our i950 won't print...

Our i950 won't print; the only thing I think has the problem that in maintenance a note comes up indicating that a function has to end before another program can be used. The printer has a flashing green light and o\at one time there was 7 orange lights and then one green.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

By USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It has never been updated. We don't know how to update it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/22/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The code which the printer used, is 7orange flashed and one green, repeated. The on-line explanation is that the printer head may need to be cleaned, but cd doesn't show how to do this. (I thought I wrote about this, but don't think it got sent)
If a person needs to physically work on the printer, is that what securely connect mean?
You didn't answer my question.
Are you able to fix our printer remotely?
Please answer questions before we proceed.
Harry doesn't answer important questions.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How old is the printer?

With the printer on, I pulled the plug, then waited two or more minutes, then plugged it in. Same problem. Orange lite 7 times.

How old is the printer?

We've had it since about 1980, used it extensively and very successfully since then.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.