Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Changed my internet provider and need to connect printer by…

Customer Question
Changed my internet provider...

Changed my internet provider and need to connect printer by wifi

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon PIXMA MG3022

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have Windows 10 is that what you are asking about updating?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just got new internet today. Printer worked fine with old internet, but I have not figured out how to connect printer to new internet service

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Honestly speaking connecting this printer model to the router is little bit tricky, but you can follow the steps from the link below to do that. This is the only way to reconnect the printer to the new or replaced router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rc60JxVBrc

Still cannot print. Get message printer is offline

Can you open the Devices and Printers window from your computer?

Not sure how

Do you see the search icon beside the Windows logo on your desktop screen?

OK, click on it and type Devices and Printers then, click on the same in the search result.

I got them up

Ok, do you see the Canon printer icon on that window?

it shows it to be the default printer.

OK, now, you need to remove the device and add it again, if you have successfully connected the printer to the new router then, you can do that easily. To remove the device, right click on the printer icon and select Remove Device and let me know when the printer icon disappear.

It has disappeared
Should I put the install CD in and go from there?

No, click on the Add a Printer button at the top of the Devices and Printers window, then click on Network Printers and let me know if the PC is able to scan and find the printer or not?

It shows up

OK, then click next or continue to complete the setup of the printer, after that you will see the printer icon reappear on the Devices and Printers window.

Got an error message. System could not find specified files

OK, If I give you the link to download the latest drivers and software for the printer will you be able to download them and install?

I think so. Would it not be easier to use the install CD?

Yes, it is, only if the CD contains the Windows 10 compatible drivers.

I had Windows 10 when I installed it to begin with.
should I do it?

Ok, then you can try it and remember to select NEtwork/Wireless connection during setup and follow the onscreen instructions carefully.

Will do.

Thanks

Looks like you will need to send me the links as the CD said it failed to acquire

OK, wait.

I found the Printer Utility Support and was able to re-install. All is working correctly now. I consider this problem solved. Thank you. You were patient with me, but it was frustrating for your answers to come back so slowly, so I will not fill out survey.

That's great!!, but if you can see the conversation, you will see that I have posted my replies within 2 mins. Anyway, there is no need to answer any survey if you do not wish to do that, but please remember to give a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Unfortunately your last response was nearly 22 hours. Found several over 2 min. responses. Sorry.

Here are my responses, please check the times, maybe you got the notification email late due to some technical problem. The highest time gap is 17 mins. not 22 hours.

Customer

22 Dec 2017, 3:56 AM

Me

OK, wait.

22 Dec 2017, 4:13 AM

Me

You can get the drivers and software from the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg3022/pixma-mg3022?tab=drivers_downloads

22 Dec 2017, 4:14 AM