Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It just won't print. It makes copies but it doesn't print…

Customer Question
It just won't print...

It just won't print. It makes copies but it doesn't print documents

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon mx492

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX492?

Just today!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

In the last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not Computer isn't talking to printer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
WINDOWS 10 Yes I have a usb cable, But it is setup for wifi also

Please setup wireless once again on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1513885950901

After setting it up properly, restart the computer and try printing anything.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>