Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Chromebook is having an issue telling my Epson XP-640…

Customer Question
My Chromebook is having...

My Chromebook is having an issue telling my Epson XP-640 printer to duplex. The printer will duplex on the machine but not when I have to computer tell it to

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP-640: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's a brand new machine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

the printer has been unplugged as you asked
how long will this take?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response.

Please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

1. Launch your computer's Web browser and navigate to the Google Docs home page.

2. Enter the username and password ***** your Google account and click the "Sign In" button.

3. Navigate through your Google Docs folders and open the document you want to print.

4. Click the "Print" button in the upper-left corner of the screen. A preview of your printout is displayed.

5. Click the "Print Using System Dialog" button. The Options menu for printing opens.

6. Click the "Properties," "Settings" or "Preferences" button, depending on your printer driver.

7. Select the option for "Double-Sided Printing," "Print On Both Sides" or "Duplex Printing." Consult your printer's documentation for details on double-sided print options for your make and model of printer.

8. Click the "OK" button, followed by the "Print" button. Once the first page has printed, put the sheet of paper back into the feed tray in the correct orientation for the other side to be printed.

this machine doesn't work that way, it prints too fast to take the printed sheet, pull out the tray to insert paper correct side and allow it to continue printing on the other side.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

I mean do you make the above settings before you try to print?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Since I have Ran out of ideas, let me open this for other experts.

is this going to cost me more money?