Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got a Canon TR8520 and have a question about the fax…

Customer Question
Hi, I just got...

Hi, I just got a Canon TR8520 and have a question about the fax function. It seems that I don't get a confirmation page when the fax has been sent. What do you suggest I do?

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes!

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

It's always been that way. Luckily, so far the only people I've had to fax can affirm that they did in fact receive the fax. But I often fax people I DON'T know and I'd like a confirmation page. I suspect I did something wrong in the setup.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all. Thanks very much.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your faxing question.
No need to blame yourself. The confirmation page setting is not enabled by default, so it remains turned Off, it is not that you turned it Off by mistake.

Now, as to how to enable such a fax confirmation page printout:

What the setting is called is 'TX Report'.

That is reached under the FAX SETTINGS (reached by

SETUP (gear icon)

Settings

Device Settings

FAX Settings

then Auto Print Settings

and then TX REPORT - turn that setting to ON or ENABLED, save that changed setting / OK that changed setting, and the device will print out a report whenever a fax has been made, or been attempted but failed.

(If you want a report printout for every fax received (or every fax dialed in but perhaps failed somehow) then you change the RX REPORT setting to ON, also.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.