Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My new ENVY4520 suddenly stopped printing in color. And,

Customer Question
My new ENVY4520 suddenly...

My new ENVY4520 suddenly stopped printing in color. And, yes, there is ink as I put in new cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

ENVY 4520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It is a new printer just installed 5 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I've stated the problem, I hope.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It won't accept my credit card though all numbers are correct. So phooey with them

Not sure what you mean but I gave you a set of instructions, I will repeat below

Let me know the results please

I followed instructions- unplugged printer, waited 10 minutes, tried the printer. Told you it is still not printing in color. Secure Remote Assistance will not accept my credit card saying they don't have its info which I just gave them.

The message on the results did not come through

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Ok, doing all of this now.

Thank you

Still no color.

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Forget it. I've entered all the correct numbers on a valid card. No acceptance so forget it.

Hi there

I replied to you with the cause of the problem, I will again repeat.

Thank you