Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a hp 8600 pro n911a. The other night I changed the…

Customer Question
I have a hp 8600...
I have a hp 8600 pro n911a. The other night I changed the ECO to print two sided 1.2. I did not know that it would require me to so two sided every time. Now I cannot print without manually printing two sides. I do have a duplexer on the back of my printer. I need to turn change the eco feature back to its original mode which was off but there is no OFF to be found. It does not show the option to change back to 1.1. It seems that I have really messed up this time. There is nothing in the manual that even mentions this. Can you help?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

This printer has a hidden support menu where you can access several troubleshooting services that you can use whenever your printer stops working. To access the support menu, you need to:

• Turn OFF your printer.
  • Wait for 10 Seconds before turning it ON again.
  • Just as the printer turns ON, press the back button (arrow icon) on the front panel of the printer “4 times”.
  • If you did it correctly, the support menu should appear.

Reset the printer to default settings:-

There are several options under the support menu. To access the resets menu all you need to do is navigate through the right until you find the resets menu. Under the resets menu, you will find the three different types of resets, the partial reset, semi-full reset and the full reset. Select semi-full reset.

Please try this and let me know how it goes.

Did this work for you ?

The back or return arrow does not appear on my printer when I turn it on. The only time it is available is when I press one of the 4 buttons at the top ie, eprint, network, eco or ink cartridge and they can be pressed only once.
I do not wish to be remotely connected.
Thank you for your answer. I finally found the answer I needed by surfing the network. What you neglected to tell me, and I hope this helps someone else, is that even though you cannot see the back button, you must hit the spot where it is supposed to be visible. I'm sorry, but the money I spent to fix this problem was a wasted. The information you sent me was incomplete and I had to go elsewhere to fix it. Also the Partial reset was all that I needed to perform.
I saw your response just now.Semi full reset is always better than partial reset.I did not know that you will not get back button on your printer.You can contact just answer customer service and ask for refund.
I am opting out of this question