Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I wish I knew! Yesterday I replaced the black ink cartridge.

Customer Question
I wish I knew...

I wish I knew! Yesterday I replaced the black ink cartridge. Printer didn't print, not even to print out a test result. Shut it down, just tried again, it makes a loud, scrapping noise. Says to shut it down, error Ox E8. Can you help please?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

The printer itself is plugged into the wall, but The computer is connected wirelessly.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

When I purchased it, about 10 mos ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Let me try...I had to go back downstairs to do this!. Nope, still does same thing, incl error code Ox E8.

Did you have the error before replacing the ink?

No, but we hadn't used the printer for a couple of months.
The noise and error code just began tonight.

Please remove the ink again and place it back into the carriage and close the lid.

Now,

Wait 2 minutes

Do you still have the error?

OK. Two things happening: I opened the lid, and there was a piece of plastic from my 2 yr old grandson inside, which I removed. I no longer have a message. I cannot get back to changing the ink, so I am at a loss. Also, can't get away form settings for a picture copy

Unplug the power cord and move the carriage over with your hand

Thank you. It seems to be printing now. Guess it didn't want the plastic! Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas!

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit