Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to print a photo or a page I set the size paper I…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to print a photo or a page I set the size paper I will use, like for a 4 x 6 print I set for that but when the print comes out it is printed on 8 x 10. It doesthis every time and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP 7640 eprinter all in one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 7640?

About 2 or 3 weeks.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

A gentleman worked on my computer for something else on Monday but he got that problem fixed. But not this one.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I haven't used this service before do I just sit here and wait or do you need more info?
12/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, if you don't have the paper size (Paper Size) specified in the printer's driver settings too, it may not come out on that size.

Second, if you don't specify the paper source (Paper Tray or Paper Source) correctly, it may not select the tray or source with the 4 x 6 size loaded in it... esp. if set to 'Automatic' or 'Automatic Selection' in the printer's driver settings.

(Driver settings, means basically what you pre-set in the printer's settings, first, regardless of what you set when sending the print job from the program or app.)

This problem can be quite a problem indeed... to save on paper, try using Print Preview first, to make sure things are right-looking, before even sending the print job.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.