Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mg 5300 just got a new cable service and trying to…

Customer Question
I have a mg...

I have a mg 5300 just got a new cable service and trying to figure out how to connect to the internet

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Hmm not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to know how to connect to my new cable service

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions below.

1. Press the Setup button on your printer.

2. Press the Right/left Arrow buttons to select Wireless LAN setup, and then press the OK button.

3. It may ask to activate Wireless LAN. Select Yes, then press the OK button. When wireless connection is enabled, the Wi-Fi lamp (D) lights blue.

4. Select Easy setup, and then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow keys to select your access point (wireless) name, then press the OK button.

6. Enter the network key (wireless name) and press OK button. Make sure that the network key is correct, it is case sensitive.

7. When the connected to the access point screen appears, press the OK button.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!