Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MG7520 prints only the color printing, not anything

Customer Question
My MG7520 prints only...

My MG7520 prints only the color printing, not anything printed in black.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

No. I can try that, but that doesn't seem like the problem. How do I run the self-cleaning cycle?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

I will try that too. Give me a minute and I'll take a look. The printer has had very little use so far, so that doesn't seem likely.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

One one page I printed, the wording in black is very faint and not really in black. And some of the wording on the same page didn't print at all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No. I went with another solution. Thank you.