Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just setup my xp340 to my Mac but cannot find the print…

Customer Question
I just setup my...

I just setup my xp340 to my Mac but cannot find the print mgr menu it will copy, print but wont scan

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

When i select scan it wants to select USB or macintosh, it is connected as wifi, when i select macintosh it says invalid

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I havent did a firmware update, when i tried the update it stops at step 6

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That covers what i know at this time

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 9 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless once again on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CF28201~faq-00007f3-xp340

Then, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using ImagCapture by following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

I will try and let you know

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.