Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just changed both ink cartridges with HP #64 for my photo…

Customer Question
I just changed both...

I just changed both ink cartridges with HP #64 for my photo 7155. the error code says to USE SETUP CARTRIDGES THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER, I DID BUT WONT PRINT

Technician's Assistant: Is your HP printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I did not physically restart it, When I closed the lid it grunted a couple of times them gives me the setup error code.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never did that I know of. Just bought new and this was the first time I needed to replace ink carts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just get me back to printing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

ok. pulled the plug.
The error code is back after replug,

How old is the printer?

brand new. less than two months. This was first cartridge change,
They were HP carts. The trip color and the black
ANY BODY THERE???

Yes, I am here.

Please allow more than 1-2 minutes to see your reply and type a response back. (I am only human)

If it continues to give you that error even after replacing the starter ink back in the printer then it has an internal failure.

Do I take it back to the store, Its under warranty. Doesn't speak well for HP does it?

You can try the store first but you might need to send it back to HP.

How do I get my $5.00 charge back for no fix. They said it was refundable if not helpful?

I am sorry that you feel my accurate information was not helpful.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

With all of pop ups from HP. for guaranteed satisfaction if I just spend more money seems to be the corporate doctrine at HP. Since it an internal equipment problem, how could you $39 dollar fishing expedition fixed it??

Those are automated popup ads.