Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After printing an email, I am getting a Red Light Error

Customer Question
After printing an email...

After printing an email, I am getting a Red Light Error message. It doesn't appear to be a paper jam and I recentlly changed the toner. Please helpl me out. I have a Brother Model HL-Model 2270 DW Wireless.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Brother printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I have restarted my computer and the Error light persists on all print jobs

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't recall having updated the driver software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I still get the "error" RED light

Did you have the issue before replacing the toner?

No. The print was getting lighter and I replaced if before it failed completely.

Remove the toner cartridges then insert it back in firmly

Do you still have the light error?

My landline is(###) ###-####

Do you still have the light error?

When will you continued with Secure Remote Assistance?

Do you still have the light error?

I seem to be having a problem removing the toner cartridge. I depress the green tab and am unable to remove. Need an assist here.

That is likely the issue then since the toner will not remove properly, it was likely not put in properly and causing the light error. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to help someone remove a cartridge remotely if it is stuck. You will need to look and see where it is stuck and why.

If the toner cartridge is the problem, no need for remote assistance at $ 39 right?

Correct -- The offer is automated to you and that is why I declined it.

Can you explain to me how the toner unit comes out. I have a used toner cartridge to see how it "fits". I press the green tab and try to jiggle to toner cartridge but it does not want to come out

The green lock lever is the only thing holding it into the drum unit.

Any other suggestions. The printer was working fine with the new toner?
Did you remove the toner and insert it back in?