Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have just replaced a PGBK 250 XL black cartridge in my MX922…

Customer Question
Have just replaced a...

Have just replaced a PGBK 250 XL black cartridge in my MX922 printer. The printer ink status window indicates full ink, but when I attempt to print the new cartridge is not print, but the other colors do print. What is the problem?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. Please let me know when you are online. I am going to leave you with some cleaning instructions in the meantime to get you started. Id like you to perform this clean 3 times.

1. Clean the print head deeply.

(1) Press the MENU button.

(2) Select Setup, then press the OK button.

(3) Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.

(4) Select Deep cleaning, then press the OK button.

(5) Select Yes, then press the OK button.

The machine starts cleaning the print head deeply.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the deep cleaning of the print head. This takes about 2 minutes.

The pattern print confirmation screen will appear.

(6) Select Yes, then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

(7) When the completion message appears, press the OK button.

The screen will return to the Maintenance screen.

Examine the nozzle check pattern.

If a particular color is not printed properly, replace the ink tank of that color because its faulty(Which happens even as new off the shelf)

If the problem is not resolved, turn off the power and clean the print head deeply again after 24 hours. Do not disconnect the power plug when turning off the power.

If the problem is still not resolved, the print head may be damaged.