Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer jams every time I try to use it. What can I do…

Customer Question
My printer jams every...

My printer jams every time I try to use it. What can I do about this? Junk my printer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HPENVY 4500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

For a while now. Just can't use it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never. Don't know how to update!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today.

If it keeps jamming up, either something is stuck inside the printer, which I'm sure you have checked already OR the motors are not guiding the paper in a straight line.

This can occur frequently if the wrong paper weight is used... That would be something to look at...... If its too thick for the specifications then this will jam her up every single time.

We could explore ALL of these options if you would like to.... Just let me know and we start investigating together what the cause could be.

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you, Mike

These specs are specific to your model printer

Media types

Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, cards, HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media

Recommended media weight

20 lb

Supported media weight

16 lb to 24 lb

Media weights by paper path

A4: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP cards: up to 200 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 250 g/m²