Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I replaced the ink 564 on my Photosmart 5510 and it didn't…

Customer Question
I replaced the ink...

I replaced the ink 564 on my Photosmart 5510 and it didn't print. I went through the online support suggestions, then finally bought another 564. It still only prints color.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Phonosmart 5510

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No message. can open the cover

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>