Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is Canon imageClass MF628Cw. My problem is that…

Customer Question
My printer is Canon...

My printer is Canon imageClass MF628Cw. My problem is that my printer cannot access wireless network, and Network Setting menu is faded out and nonselectable.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your IMAGECLASS MF628CW: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have connected by USB before but after I removed the usb and try printing wirelessly the Network menu on printer faded out only the network menu

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/20/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Can I have the operating system of the computer like windows 10 or Windows 8? So that I can remove and add the printer or reinstall the printer.

Windows 10

If you cannot scan over a network or with a USB connection in Windows 10 install the MF driver, restart (not shut down) your PC, and then install the following program. [Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0100006841/04/MF620CMFDriverV2160W64usEN.exe

Click on the file link. * When clicking [Run] on the file download screen (file is not saved to disk)

1. If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click [Yes], and then click [Run] on the subsequent Security Alert screen.

2. The Setup Wizard will start.

3. After the Setup Wizard has started, follow the instructions on the screen to perform installation.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you