Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson WP-820 streaks badly. Several months ago I

Customer Question
My Epson WP-820 streaks...

My Epson WP-820 streaks badly. Several months ago I "cleaned" the print heads and the quality improved but now it is back to streaking heavily, sometimes leaving globs of ink on the page.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Macbook Pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WP-820?

About two months.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

My OS is 10.13.2

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. Sounds like its time for the printer to have a good cleaning. Take the ink carts out and put them on a paper towel.

Inspect the head unit and see if you see an excess ink build up please

Also when you print is it ONE particular color that leaves globs of ink of the paper? If its only one color doing this, the ink cart is faulty and allowing too much ink to pass. In which case the print head is likely very dirty where that color sits.

Let me know when your online and we will continue

Please advise

Thanks very much