Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to scan to a USB Drive on a Sharp MX-2600N and I get…

Customer Question
Trying to scan to...

Trying to scan to a USB Drive on a Sharp MX-2600N and I get "An error occurred while accessing the memory device".

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MX-2600N when you try to scan?

No.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. The Administrator is out of the office today. Grrr.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 8 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the Sharp MX-2600N printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

I figured out the solution. Thank you.

Great to read this got solved.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff

No. All set. I don't know how this works... am I charged the 18 if I resolved this myself?Turns out the USB Drive was to big the age of the printer. when I used a smaller USB device the issue resolved.

I understand.

It could be when you update the firmware of the printer, this will resolve that problem.

You can always ask for a refund.

Are you able to update the firmware?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No. I'm unable to update the firmware. I do not have admin rights.

I understand.

Admin rights on your local computer? Or admin rights on the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey