Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Want to connect via wireless connection Macbook 10 to epson…

Customer Question
Hi want to connect...

Hi want to connect via wireless connection Macbook 10 to epson wf-3540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-3540?

Just bought a macbook last week... have had wired conenction to PC previously

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1021

What's a jo-1021?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of macOS are you using on your Mac ?

macbook OS 10.13.1
if you cant' answer question without asking for more money, pls let me know

If you are talking about secure remote, then please ignore it. It is an automatic offer from this site (not sent by me). That is mainly for people who are unable to follow the instructions in here.

I'm writing the instructions. Will post in a few minutes

OK thanks

We need to connect the printer to your WiFi network and then add it to your Mac. So, press Home/Tools/Setup on Printer. Select WiFi Setup (or touch WiFi icon at top right) or Network Settings. Select WiFi Setup Wizard. It will show your new WiFi network. Select the WiFi network and enter your password ***** follow onscreen instructions to connect to your WiFi network.

Once you did that, you need to install the latest printer and scanner drivers. Go to this website --> https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3540/s/SPT_C11CC31201?review-filter=macOS+10.13.x

Download and install the following

Printer Driver

Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v4.0.1.0

ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.7 for Image Capture

Then go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. You will see your printer name there. Select it and delete it by pressing the minus button at bottom left. After deleting it, click + button.

Don't add it if it appear under Nearby Printers. Instead click Add Printer. From the resulting screen, select your printer name and wait 10 seconds. Then select Epson software under Use if Secure Air Print or Air Print is selected. That will add it to your Mac with WiFi address.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

downloaded all the installs.. went to add printer.. typed in the name in the search bar... no responseAm I better off purchasing a new printer?

After downloading them, did you install those downloaded files ? It is important to install

Also, did you successfully connect the printer to your WiFi network ?

Even if you purchase a new printer, you need to go through this similar procedure