Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just started to misprint, skipping several lines and

Customer Question
Just started to misprint...

Just started to misprint, skipping several lines and printing one clear line etc. Does same with copying as from computer WiFi

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Printer is XP 430

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No. Checked ink supply. It is good. How do I wipe the metal contacts?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris