Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We received a new modem and I cannot connect to our Epson…

Customer Question
We received a new...

We received a new modem and I cannot connect to our Epson Printer. Everything passes and I cannot get to the IP address. It's showing the new IP address in Default Gateway, but our old IP is shower for the IP address. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure, but it whenever it pops up, I update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The Check Network Connection shows Epson Connect - Disable.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Do you have the same wireless network name and password ***** the old modem had?

No, I gave entered the new password ***** everything for the new modem, but as I stated it is still holding the old IP address
How do I get to the IP address?

what IP address does it show?

Can you type the IP in a web browser and get to the printer?

No, he did not reply, he wants to fix it himself. Please give me an answer. Thank you.

did you try what I just sent?

It shows the old IP address.

Its possible it has a static IP address, but you can't get to it in a web browser?

Go to menu, look for network settings > than wireless or wlan setup. What options are you seeing here?

I’m in the web right now.
Everything seems to be fine, the network is connected, except the printer will not work.
I have placed all the new information in the printer, but the new IP address is going to Default Gateway, and not the IP address

you're on the web interface of the printer?