Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP 4050N printer with a 13.20 paper jam at the…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP 4050N printer with a 13.20 paper jam at the rear door. I tried to remove the paper, but only succeeded in removing the loose part of it. Rest of the paper is still stuck inside the printer and I cannot get it out. What do I have to do to remove it?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

An old computer running Windows 2000 and Wordperfect 5.9 for DÓS.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 4050N?

The paper jam just occurred about an hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Can you just tell me how to fix the paper jam in the printer?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you click on my link below pleaser as it will tell you where to access the paper and how to remove it from the different areas where it can get jammed.

Let me know how you go with this please

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/72631/Hp-Laserjet-4050.html?page=113#manual

The link is there above

Let me know the results please

The answer is not helpful. It is simply a page from the manual. I have the manual and I have read it. It does not provide the detail I need to figure out how to remove a torn paper from the back of the printer that is stuck in the printer so I cannot reach it. That is why I consulted with you. I did not need to see the user Manual again.

Hi there

I am sorry you did not find it helpful, I was just showing you all the points the paper can jam up in order to ensure you have attempted to access these points. It was meant as a clarification before we begun. I am sorry you felt this way and I will opt out so you can work with a different expert that can work more to the style you wish.

All the best with resolving your issue.

Please note opting out will stop any further replies from me

I did not have a problem with your style or with you. I just need more of an answer than I received on the first pass. And I was not told that that was just the first pass. My question was pretty specific, and the answer did not seem to be responsive to it.
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

13.20 is actually a tray jam error which I'm going to attempt to help you with.
Please try following the steps in this video: CLICK HERE The video is a 4250 and not a 4050 but the same steps apply to your machine.

My customers that have experienced this error, 99% have found this successful.

After you do this and put it back together, please unplug the printer for 5 mins

When 5 mins is up, plug back in and turn it on and see if the error has gone.

Please advise

Thanks very much, Mike

On my 4050N printer, error code 13.20 refers to a paper jam at the rear door of the printer. And, as previously described, that is what I had, paper jammed at the rear door area, with paper still stuck in the printer after I tried to remove it (and only succeeded in removing the accessible part of the paper). Fortunately, I found another answer online (at your site, I believe) which described how to remove the fuser assembly from the rear of the printer. Even that description was not exactly correct for my printer, but it was close enough that I was able to remove the fuser, after which I was able to easily remove the stuck paper and get the printer printing again.

That was the next step, I always start of easy to hard on solutions when my customers respond that things didn't work...

A lot of my customers like the easy routes first

Well looks like your ahead of the game now, but I'm happy you got it to work again

Thanks and have a great christmas