Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a 2017 iMac running version 10.13.1. Up until

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 iMac running version 10.13.1. Up until recently, my Canon MX350 printer worked flawlessly with it. After the latest operating system update, my printer will no longer scan. The error message is "MP Navigator EX quit unespectedly." If I use the controls on the printer, it says "processing please wait momentarily", then drops out after about 30seconds. I still have my 2010 iMac and the printer scans fine with the old iMac.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MX350 when you try to scan?

No

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't remember. When I went to the Canon website, it said I either don't need to update, or the driver is with the computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

what is the solution?

I can show you how to install your printer drivers correctly so that your printer will work with a usb cable or wirelessly. We can do this interactively so that I can help you with the procedure, or I can do it for you in a secure remote session. There is an extra charge for this premium service.

I'm not interested in the remote session or wireless. I only want usb, and I will do the necessary steps myself. Note that I have already gone to the Canon website and they said I had no recommendations for updates
Forget it. It's been well over an hour since I first contacted you, and I'm no closer to a solution that I was at the beginning. It's now past my bedtime. I can't rank you after I got a solution, because I don't have a solution. I am not happy

I apologize for the delay. This is going to take a few minutes, or maybe longer. We can do this tomorrow afternoon or evening.

John, Computer Science Engineer