Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a new ET-2750 printer from Staples a few days…

Customer Question
Hi, I just bought...

Hi, I just bought a new ET-2750 printer from Staples a few days ago. It was working great but now it's printing with long white bars across the print and the images. I tried aligning the print head but here's what's happening. When I do vertical it seems to be fine. But when I do the horizontal print alignment, and it says to pick the best image ... ALL seven of my images are 2 long black bars and ALL of them have a big, white streak running through them. They're all pretty much the same so I can't really choose one that's good. I tried resetting the printer to no avail. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Windows 10 -- Dell desktop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,