Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cant get my printer to print in color even when color is…

Customer Question
I cant get my...

I cant get my printer to print in color even when color is selected. All my color inks are full enough one is new..everything is just printing in black and I never had this problem before

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A while back not recent

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats my issue I have never had problems printing in color before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What is your printer make and model?

Epson wf 3640

Can you please check if the printer is not set to grayscale?

How do I check if printer is set to that
  1. Open the File menu or click the print button and select Print.
  2. Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
  3. Click Properties or Preferences.

Note: If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.

4. Click the Main or Advanced tab.
  5. Select Black/Grayscale under Print Options.
  6. Click OK.
Am I opening file I want to print first and I want to print color not black and white or grayscale ?
  1. In the Search box type Control Panel.
  2. click Control Panel (Windows Application).
  3. click Devices and Printers.
  4. right-click the desired printer.
  5. click Printer Properties.
  6. Preferences
  7. Click the Main or Advanced tab. and make sure Black/Grayscale is not selected.
I am on a Mac so I can go to printers but everything else is different

Hi please see short video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dQi8jjYElI

Make sure to turn off Black & White

Didn’t work
No color will
Print

Ok did you reinstall the printer yet?

What Mac version do you use?

First, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From there, you can click 'About thisMac'. You'll now see a window in the middle of your screen with information about the Mac you're using.

Mac book pro
2.5 GHz intel core i 5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel hD graphics 4000 1024 MB

What is showing just above Mac book pro?

Version?

10.10.5
OS X Yosemite

Ok first remove the printer

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

Select the printer in the list, then click the Remove button.
Download the drivers from here and install again

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson18533.dmg

I just did that and that did nothing?

So you removed and re installed the printer and it's still printing in black only?

i removedprinter used the link you gave and printed test page and the same

May I connect remotely to assist?

I can’t afford to pay more

I will not ask you for more money

Download from link below and open TeamViewer and provide me with the ID and password ***** the screen

http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_12x/TeamViewerQS.dmg

ID398 166 217
6782 PW

Sorry, I'm out off ideas so for that reason I will opt out to see if another expert can assist.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help

If you make a copy on the printer, does it print in color from there?

No no color have tried that too

How old is the printer?

2-3 years max

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Never had this problem I printed in color fine in August