Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Image Class MF 4470n; Serial No.: NXV76145 I have…

Customer Question
I have a Image...

I have a Image Class MF 4470n; Serial No.: NXV76145 I have an engineering program written in DOS that I need to print a file from. Is there any drivers or a way to do this with my printer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Cannon Image Class MF4770n

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

It prints with software using Windows 10 but will not print when I use the DOS software

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Does this computer support DOS software? printer --

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all at this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/19/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Your Windows 10 operating system emulates DOS in the Command desktop app, which you can start by typing Command in the search window. The Command app will close when you type exit at the DOS prompt. However, there are no drivers for the print command in the DOS emulation, so your computer may not print from within the DOS program.

Here is a link to an article that shows how to map a Windows shared printer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314499/how-to-print-to-a-network-printer-from-an-ms-dos-based-program-in-wind

You will have to truncate the name of the print server to eight characters with no spaces.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.