Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Scanner. HP Photosmart 7520. Message "Scanner Problem, Turn…

Customer Question
Quot;Scanner Technician's Assistant: What's...

Quot;Scanner

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Photosmart 7520. Message "Scanner Problem, Turn printer off and then on. If problem not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot copy or scan". Shutting off and on did not solve.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

no change,

How are you connecting to the scanner? Via a USB cable or wireless?

wireless

Thanks

And which program are you scanning on? And via a windows or mac computer?

windows 10

Thanks, ***** ***** program on windows are you using to scan?

not sure of your question.
We are not able to copy with the printer (no computer part of the coping process)

Ok, if you cannot copy also that indirectly answers my question as it rules out the computer as the fault.

It can be due to overheating so can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

cleaned as instructed, no change

Thanks

It is the internal scanning unit that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you