Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Message printer door open. It is not and printer works using…

Customer Question
Message printer door...

Message printer door open. It is not and printer works using another computer

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

By USBcable

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks. printer is HP5520

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

disconnected and waiting ten minutes

Thank you

no luck. screen says printing but nothing happens. There are multible docs in the print queue

Let me know the results please

No thanks I can print from my laptop which is working perfectly

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

One of my replies seems to be missing.
I disconnected the power and left for 10 mins. I then tried to print but with no result from the printer. As I loaded the doc the computer screen gave a download signal , butt here was no response from the printer.

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

that could be fine. However the problem does not seem to be with the printer as it works perfectly when i use another laptop. As an interim measure I printed out the documents . Why should the printer work perfecty with one computer - the laptop - but not with the desktop.

It can be an issue with the printer overheating and causing the error for the desktop

Can you do a clean to rule this out please

Thanks for your help. I will do as you suggest but i have to go out now so it will be done sometime this evening. perhaps the answer is to get a new printer for Christmas!! I have another printer outside so I will connect that up and see if it behaves

Thank you

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician