Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just installed a brand new TS 8120 and I keep getting…

Customer Question
I have just installed...

I have just installed a brand new TS 8120 and I keep getting a support code 1259 on my first print job. I follow the instructions and remove the tray and press OK but it doesn't help

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes. In fact I havent had a single print job yet as it is just out of the box

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just installed it an hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

If it helps I was trying to print a disc with the disc tray when this happened

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today.

1259

Cause

Paper output tray is not pulled out completely.

What to Do

Make sure there are no objects impeding paper output tray motion.

Pull out the paper output tray and select OK on the touch screen.

Please try this as a first step and after this is done, please turn off the printer from main power for 5 mins

After 5 mins, plug it back in and see if the code has gone

Please advise

Thankyou

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be more than happy to help you more

I am sorry I thought that this was Canon customer support. I was asked to authorize a $5.00 refundable payment which I thought was odd. I now see I have been charged $44. This was not at all what I expected and I am extremely unhappy. How can I rverse this charge and cancel any association with Just Answer

I will send you to customer service for a refund. The $5 is a deposit only on your question.

Thank you
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician