Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

There is a box comes up whenever I start printing which

Customer Question
There is a box...

There is a box comes up whenever I start printing which advises printer cartridge damaged. I know what is wrong as I am using refill cartridges as they have double the number of pages I can print without a refill. The ordinary HP cartridges I need to but about once a week and I cannot afford the cost of new cartridges as well as trying to keep the landfill rubbish I generate down. Is there any way I can over-ride the damaged cartiridge window pleasee. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

HP deskjet 1510

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?

About 3 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

About 6 months for the major updates but I have a automatic updates about weekly for small updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at p[resent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/18/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How old is the printer?

Not interested iun additional costs. I can but another brand for lkess and get better service

How old is the printer?

about 18 months. I am not sure exactly

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

Okay so you cant suggest anything. and I have to get another prinbter - doesn't stand right with me for a brand like HP

Sorry that you feel that way.

Thanks good bye