Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam. Model MG7520. First time. Just set it up…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper jam

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Model MG7520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG7520?

First time

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Just set it up I think I misaligned the paper

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know how OLD is your printer??

Thanks,

Kumar

Less then a year
No

Okay. Is the paper still jammed inside or you have removed it and its still showing that error?

It’s inside does the whole unit open up?

OKay. Sharing methods.

1. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

2. Lift up and open the operation panel until it stops.

3. Make sure that the jammed paper is not under the print head holder.

If the jammed paper is under the print head holder, move the print head holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper.

When you move the print head holder, hold the top of the print head holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.

4. Hold the jammed paper with your hands.

5. Pull the paper slowly not to tear it, then pull the paper out.

Keep an angle of the paper about 45 degrees and pull it slowly.

6. Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed.

If the paper is torn, a piece of paper may remain inside the machine. Check the following and remove the piece of paper if it remains.

7. Does the piece of paper remain under the print head holder?

8. Does the little piece of paper remain inside the machine?

9. Does the piece of paper remain in the right side or the left side space

10. Close the operation panel slowly.

All print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary

inside the machine?

It’s too far under the under the rollers to get a good grip

We have to remove it. Use both the hands to gently remove it.

It’s to far under the rollers is the another way to get to the paper

There is a Rear cover. Can you please open it and check.

Sharing a Video Tutorial as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3ONQlaHpk

Please let me know if you were able to pull the paper.

I have the back open a I see the paper it’s very tight
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Its almost Christmas, and I got a little busy.

You'll have to carefully remove the paper. I understand its tight. Please use both the hands to carefully remove it. Also, make sure you have compressed air to remove any torn paper inside the printer.

Have a very awesome Christmas!!

Thanks,

Kumar